Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday Gorging

Well, the potluck was fun. There was just way too much food, of course. I really tried to pace myself. I tried not to overeat. I think I did alright. At least I didn't feel like I was about to explode. There were some dips. There were 2 types of lasagne and a couple of salads. The desserts were good (one was my lemon poppyseed cake!). There was a little gift exchange (I got a cute little holiday potpurri sachet).

Okay, so it was pretty much your standard holiday potluck with a bunch of women. Most of them were well in the 50's or well into their 40's. But they were very nice people and we had a very nice time. I guess I felt like the odd-man-out when the started to talk about their kids. It seems that their kids range in age from 14 to 30. Ouch! I think I was the youngest there as well.

The other interesting thing to note is that all (except for one, I think) are divorced. Hmmm...

Anyway...

It's Sunday. The usual morning routine I suppose. Enjoying having an espresso now since I have proper espresso cups. Mmmmm.. good java in the morning. I had 3 yesterday. I better go easy on the caffeine today.

The Hash is downtown again. Hopefully the pub *will* be open this time. I wonder if anyone "new" will show up for this week's run. Eh, we'll see...

Yeah, nothing too exciting to report.

On heavy rotation these days: "Avalanche" by Matthew Good.

No comments: