Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tripping...

I need to go away somewhere...

I guess for the last few vacations, I've managed to go away somewhere. This may have been due to the influence my ex had on where we ended up going. It wasn't that he had all the money in the world to travel with. If we decided that we would go somewhere then we would make it a goal to work towards. In someway, I have him to thank for in waking up the travel bug in me.

I few issues I have in trying to plan my next vacation is that a) I registered for classes at Concordia; b) do I go it alone or look for a small tour; and c) where do I want to go?

The classes I'm taking at Concordia end in March. Then there is a 1 or 2 week break before the next term starts. If I decide on taking a holiday it would have to be during this time. Otherwise, I might have to wait until the summer. It will also depend on where I want to go. Late March might not be the ideal time, weather-wise, for some destinations.

Solo or tour? I'm really not sure about this. Going independent, you have more freedom to decide where you want to go, what you want to see, and for how long. With a small group tour, you have some sort of comraderie there and support. Again, this might depend on where I want to go.

And just where do I want to go? I still haven't quite decided on this. Of course, I do want to work within a budget of sorts. The sky is not the limit here, but I do have some room to manouevre. Where ever I do end up going, I will try to hunt down the cheapest airfares and best deals on accomodations.

There is one tour that seems appealing and that is the Bike/Hike in Provence. It's organized through GAP Adventures. Their prices seem reasonable and the group size is what I would look for. I really don't think I can handle travelling with a coach bus full of people. A friend at work did a Kontiki tour to Spain this Fall and enjoyed it. But everyone has their preferences.

Well, I guess for a holiday I should start doing some homework...

No comments: