Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter? Is that you?

It seems that a cold front is pushing its way into the region. I wonder if we will be getting the -20C temps that the mid-west has been experiencing as of late. In any case, the weather today has been rather icky. This morning started with some ice pellets. Some of this accumulated. There was also a layer of of ice on the cars.

We had our department holiday lunch today. Of course, there were 10 of us who stayed until the bitter end (around 5PM). By then, it was windy and piss-pouring rain. Since the temps were hovering around 0, ice still formed on the parked cars by the restaurant. At least, I managed to get a lift home. The sidewalks, I found, were somewhat icy in patches.

With the weather being rather icky, I decided to pass on the pub crawl tonight. Not only is the weather a factor, but I also got only 3 hours of sleep last night. For whatever reason, I had a heck of a time trying to fall asleep last night. At one point I logged in and found a buddy, currently working in China, online. So we chatted for a bit. By 2AM, I think I fell asleep. Then the alarm went off at 5. :-p

I hope I can get some rest tonight. There's stuff I'd like to get done this weekend. :-)

No comments: