Sunday, December 31, 2006

Holiday Blahs

I wanted to avoid it. I didn't want to see it. I certainly didn't want to experience. However much I tried there was no denying it. The holiday blues are trying to invade.

I've been trying to keep myself busy for the most part during this holiday perdiod. However, there will be times when that black funk just seems to descend upon you. Thankfully, it's not to the point of downright depression, but more of the heavy sighing type of blah.

I've noticed that in the past six months that I have been spending a lot of money on stuff. More than I would normally. I've discussed this with my brother. It seems that both of us tend to buy things when we're down. So far, I've bought the Mac Pro, bike parts and accessories, bags (of course), some clothes, new camera and IKEA furnishings. Oh, and there was that trip to Japan. I guess that could count. It could be worse. I could have gone out and gotten myself a large LCD television. Then I would not have had the room to place it, which meant having to buy a new entertainment unit to place it and all the other electronics. And it would have meant contacting the ex to haul away his television.

I haven't broke the bank yet, but I do need to start keeping an eye on my expenditures. :-p Mustn't get totally out of control.

I need some distraction. My classes at Concordia will start on the 9th. The camera class at Dawson only starts on the 24th. I guess I just need to survive until then. Afterwards, the classes should keep me busy for a while...

No comments: