Sunday, December 24, 2006

Bad Fish... again?

Ooog! I did not feel so good after dinner tonight. Mom had bought some fresh fish today to make for dinner. Not even half an hour after dinner I started to get that slight burning sensation in the tummy. Uh-oh. I started to drink some water to try to flush the badness out. Next thing you know I started to get into a cold sweat. Not good. After some minor purging, I just laid down to rest. :-p I don't know if I've developed a sensitivity to fish or what the fish had been swimming in but it seems odd. At least this time, it wasn't as bad as when I had the tilapia fillets over the summer. Boy! Was that bad.

Then again, if it wasn't the fish, it could have been the brownies my sister made. ;-)

Aside from that, it's been a relatively uneventful day. I just took it easy. I played with the twins a bit. I really don't know if I could ever have kids. I'm still very much undecided if I want kids. My niece is quite the suck once she got used to me. Today after dinner (before I started to feel ill), I played with her for a little while. She didn't want me to go. Oh well.

In the meantime, I had been perusing the Ikea web site. Since I opened up the space in the mezzanine/bedroom area, it looks a bit cold. I think a rug in the middle of the space would help warm things up. Considering the cats, I don't want to spend the bucks on a wool rug. The synthetic Ikea rug I have in the livingroom seems to be holding up pretty well to all the abuses of 3 cats (hairballs, barf, etc.). I figure similar rug will work well in the bedroom. I guess I might swing by Ikea either Thursday or Friday. Since I'm not even 5 minutes away I can easily get there when they open and before the hoards arrive. I still need to look into finding a mirror for the front hall closet and maybe one upstairs.

My brother and I had a little chat earlier in the basement. We both seem to think on the same wavelength. That's probably why we get along so well. It's too bad he's still single, because he's a great guy. He seems to be resigned to a life as a bachelor for now. He doesn't seem to worried. I'm hoping that one day the right girl will come along. :-)

No comments: