Friday, December 08, 2006

I have an illness...

I seem to have a tendency to acquire certain things in quantity...

Watches are just one thing I seem to sort of acquire more than one of. The above is just a few that I have. I have a few others that need to either have the battery replaced or repaired.

Another item that I seem to collect a lot of are bags. No, not leather handbags or anything too girly. I currently own 5 Crumpler bags. Don't ask me why. I've also got as many Kipling bags, too. I suppose there are worse things I could be collecting. At least what I do collect serves a purpose!

So, I had earlier mentioned the lights I bought at IKEA. Now, I know I'm no design genius, but I just wanted something festive. Well, here's a pic that better illustrates how I managed to hang the lights:

It's a little blurry, but I think you get the idea. And here's the end result...

Yes. That one plant on the tray does not look very well. It's not mine anyway. Well, actually, I have not been very attentive to my own plants lately either. :-(

    Weekend

Well, I think I have a pretty full day tomorrow. I did some cleaning up this evening so that should save me *some* time tomorrow. I need to swing by the supermarket for a few things. Then I plan to make at least the Two-Nut Chocolate Torte. If I have time, I might make the Lemon-Poppy Seed cake. I've already picked up some stuff at the SAQ today after work. I've still got a couple bottles of wine left from the last gathering. Maybe we'll open up one of those. I'd rather have a bit too much than not enough. I suppose I could swing by the SAQ again tomorrow. There's one near the supermarket.

I guess I just like to entertain friends. I want to see everyone enjoying themselves and having a good time. I guess that's why I don't mind bringing in the baked goods to work. The Apple Cake v2, for example, was a hit at work. The recipe I used is a keeper. Although, I think I would like to try the other one again, but using the self-rising flour as indicated. I really want to find out if that was the problem I was having...

Anyway... It's Friday night. So what the H* am I doing here?

No comments: