Thursday, December 14, 2006

Are we there yet?

Well, I am happy to say that I actually managed to accomplish a few things at work today. One of the guys who has been helping with some testing is leaving for vacation tomorrow. I got the test plant back today because they had some technical issues and the one guy who could help was not in today. So, Ruben and I managed to finish the testing we started on Tuesday.

I would also like to say that Ruben is one of the few people who has the patience to explain to me how some of this stuff works (or at least supposed to). As I might have mentioned, I've been in this group for over a year now and I am still struggling to get a solid grasp of the stuff we're supporting. The problem is that most of the experts in the group are almost always either on the road somewhere or working on an emergency. So when someone like Ruben is around for any length of time, I try to take advantage of that and have him show me stuff. Now I just hope it sticks!

I guess all I need to do tomorrow is go through the logfiles and write up a report. Oh yay, that ought to be so much fun! This should be my last productive act for the week. Next week will almost be a total write-off. There is a team outing on Monday. We're suppose to go curling! I have never curled before. I have seen it on TV, but I have never gone curling before. Apparently, one of the teams did this last year. Hmm...

Tuesday is the annual holiday coffee and cannoli morning break. I better remember not to have breakfast that day. Notary for the mortgage is Wednesday afternoon. Trip to the dentist Thursday morning. Then Friday? I think someone might open the bar in his desk.. That is, if he gets back from Chile...

Uh, yeah..

And this weekend? Well, I have been invited to a holiday potluck on Saturday. I will probably make the lemon-poppyseed cake. I might also try to make the gingerbread cookies on Saturday as well. I better take an inventory on baking supplies tomorrow evening. On Sunday, I will probably go do the hash. It's downtown again, so that should be okay.

*yawn*

I really should try to go to bed earlier. I've been pretty bad about that all this week for some reason. Since my alarm is set to go off at 5:00, it doesn't help if I go to sleep after 11:00PM. :-p Technically, I might already be in bed, but I might still be doing stuff on the iBook.

Speaking of my iBook, I wonder if I should trade it in for a MacBook. They seem rather nice and more powerful. If the performance of my MacPro is any indication then the MacBook would definitely blow the doors off of the iBook. I really should talk to Jonas about selling my Mac Mini (powerPC). Any takers? $400CAD and it's yours! I'll even throw in a Mac keyboard.

No comments: